Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Window Shoppin' on the Internets

These past few days my online hobby has been a different one from the usual. The blogs I read have been mostly ignored in favor of something so girly, that having fun with it is a bit embarrassing.



It all began, ironically, with one of the blogs I read daily: Beauty Dish (an extremely engrossing blog by an Avon saleslady living in some very arid place of the USA). She placed the link to ShopStyle.com on one of her entries, and I, being the curious little cat that I am, logged in ... and got carried away for a few days (and still going).

I am not a very fashion forward person, never been a trend setter (that I know of). I catch trends late, and sometimes I don't even adopt them (for example: the ruffled miniskirts that were all the rage 2 years ago? You would have never found one of those little numbers in my closet). I guess I am sort of a "conscientious dresser": I pick or discard trends (and sometimes non-trends) depending on whether they suit me well or not. And most of all, it depends on whether they suit my budget or not.

So ShopStyle.com lets me dream a bit, put 'looks' together without thinking about budget at all ... maybe even inspire me a bit in my everyday pick-of-the-closet. It has even linked me to two brands I didn't know and that I have really liked: Free People and Forever 21.

So pop in and have some fun (it's like playing with paper dolls, only you can really wear what they're showing in the pictures!!!)

Here are the looks I've created until now:








... and here are the things I have liked until now (other than what I've built into a 'look'):


:-D Pretty fun (in a very girly way!)

No comments: