Friday, May 18, 2007

Cute Videos Part 1

I hope not to be doing this too often in here. I have the habit of bookmarking everything. I may not be your regular storer or "trinkets-saver": this would be the kind of person that saves everything he/she comes across, down to the last newspaper, which would be somewhere among the pile of yellowed papers from 1968 right by the fridge. I don't do that. However, I do the equivalent in cyberspace: bookmark pages I like, pages I deem relevant, pages I think I might want to keep up with, pages which at some point might prove useful, someday ... That's why I love del.icio.us so much.

I also bookmark in places I have a profile like Youtube.com or Bettycrocker.com. And some days, when I'm bored, I like coming back to those bookmarks, while away a bit of time.

Well, today is one of those "dead-day-at-work" days, so I'm gonna come forward a bit and share some of the "cute" videos in here (kind of as if the CuteOverload gods had taken over me)

#1 - Dog Tickles Baby

The amount of controversy this video has aroused is absurd. Some people (roughly a half, maybe more) think that it's dangerous to let such a big dog play with a baby. Others think dogs are lovable, tender creatures when treated well and taken care of, hence it would be very improbable for a dog in a situation like the video shows to turn on his owner's baby and attack. I agree with the latter half. With some exceptions, specially some races of dog that are typically more aggressive than the others (like the chow-chows), most big dogs are of a gentle temperament, and will take care to be gentle around smaller creatures, specially if they can "smell" they are babies. Next video proves the point.


#2 - Siberian Husky & Kitten

This is just plain fucking cute! No more explanation needed!

#3 - Kawaii

This little girl would floor everyone at talent shows like American Idol by force of charisma alone.


#4 - Bengal Kitten (23)

This video has become part of the family lore. "Twenty-three" is something I say fairly often as a response to "Really?" ... It's silly, and my boyfriend finds it annoying. But the memory of this kitten chattering away at the window always brings me a smile.

#5 - El Metro

It may not be cute 'per-se', but it's incredibly touching. That's the kind of hang-out I find romantic and wins me over. No flowers and candlelight over bubbly champagne could compensate for an adventure-ridden night in the subway system!

#6 - We Will Rock You (Water)

Imagine Queen's classic hit "We Will Rock You" performed by a 7-year-old water-balloon-kid ... cute!

#7 - Otters holding hands

This video traveled 'round the globe quite recently. The end is the part that makes it worth it. Heart melting!

No comments: