Monday, June 11, 2007

Beautifying the Beast


Well, since I spent my Sunday afternoon aimlessly ambling around the aisles at Walgreens (all the while cursing the dratted place for not selling packaging tape on Sundays), I decided to lift my spirits a bit by purchasing makeup replacements.

I was all out of pressed powder (I was dragging around small crumbs of face cake with the little sponge) and it was time to replace my mascara. Also, it's been a week or more since I last shaved my legs. After a lot of thinking, I decided to give up the razor in favor of a more "glamorous" way of getting rid of my leg hair. What got into me? Beats me! I just know I wanted a change in that sense, and after a lot of thinking, I decided in favor of waxing. At least you have to do it less often.

So I start looking for a wax that looks trustworthy and not too lethal. The variety of wax brands in here is fascinatingly sparse! My eye kept getting drawn to the tub of Nads, and in spite of the price tag ($20!!!) I ended up buying it.

In favor of Nads, I have to say that in spite of the bad rep, the thing does work. Most probably, a great deal of the people that have reviewed the product negatively have simply failed to note one detail in the instructions: when it says to spread a thin layer of the product over the area to be depilated, they mean thin. My first trial was with what i understood was a thin layer, and the strip took barely any hair at all. I was flabbergasted (and bummed out, since I thought it was $20 down the drain). But at the second try, Voilá! (and OUCHIEWAWA!) Lotsa hair off the skin! Yeah!

It will take a few days, since I don't want to overwork my skin (and I have tons of hair), but I will finish what I started.

When I got to my mom's home, I got handed this little particular tube:

It's a 'plumper', and the fucking thing works! It works at setting my lips on fire and making me look (and feel) like some superhero with spicy saliva gave me one fury-packed smacker! :-D Haha! Thanks, Tatts!

This morning I tried the new mascara I decided to buy:

Maybelline's Define-A-Lash Lengthening Washable Mascara (fucking long name!)
I wasn't wowed, but I wasn't disappointed either. And the little rubber brush is pretty funny to look at. Fun in the morning routine, yay!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lol you're welcome ( love the way u describe it BTW)
waxing ur legs IS a pain but the one and only time i did it, didn't have to shave for a month ( still working up courage to do it again)
y esa mascara es la misma q yo uso, eye-catching green tube made me buy it... It's pretty good, though, for an everyday not-too-wow look.

mika flores said...

ay santo, i think of waxing and I cringed, but you have a point, less time spent shaving is a plus... will consider... after lots of thinking